Date/Time: Friday, December 2, at 2:00-2:45 p.m.
Floridan Palace Hotel
905 N Florida Ave
Tampa, FL 33602
InfraGard and the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) will host a joint meeting at which Abacode Cybersecurity Director Jeremy Rasmussen will give a talk entitled “Incident Response and Investigations: Tales from the Trenches.” Learn from a veteran incident response professional how forensic investigations are performed, with several real-world examples and case studies. It will include the following topics:
- The importance of having and following an incident response plan
- The elements of a good incident response plan
- Creating an environment of “forensic readiness”
- Some considerations in performing any forensics investigation
- Basic steps for procuring and handling evidence
- Developing a forensic report
- Performing a post-mortem review
- Overall recommendations for best practices
Jeremy Rasmussen is Cybersecurity Director of Abacode, a Tampa-based company that provides managed cybersecurity services for growing organizations and employs global thought leaders and industry experts in ethical hacking, digital forensics, and corporate governance. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of South Florida and founder of the USF Whitehatters Computer Security Club (WCSC). Since 2000, he has taught USF courses in cryptography and network security, ethical hacking, digital forensics & investigations, and mobile and wireless security. He has more than 25 years of experience in performing R&D and developing cybersecurity solutions for government and commercial customers. Jeremy is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and Project Management Professional (PMP).