Abacode partners with government leaders to help them achieve greater confidence in their cybersecurity programs
With Government agencies being an attractive target for cyber criminals it is essential to have a sound cybersecurity plan in place.
Abacode sees the top three issues impacting states’ cybersecurity as – budget, talent and increasing cyber threats. Add to that the fact that nearly half of states do not have a separate cybersecurity budget and more than a third have seen no growth or worse a reduction in those budgets.
In 2019 alone, the U.S. was hit with a flood of ransomware attacks that impacted at least 966 government agencies, educational establishments and healthcare providers at a potential cost in excess of $7.5 billion. The impacted organizations included 113 state and municipal governments and agencies and had impacts that included:
- 911 services being interrupted.
- Dispatch centers had to rely on printed maps and paper logs to keep track of emergency responders in the field.
- Police were locked out of background check systems and unable to access details about criminal histories or active warrants.
- Surveillance systems went offline.
- Badge scanners and building access systems ceased to work.
- Jail doors could not be remotely opened.
- Schools could not access data about students’ medications or allergies.
- Emergency patients had to be redirected to other hospitals.
- Medical records were inaccessible and, in some cases, permanently lost.
- Surgical procedures were canceled, tests were postponed and admissions halted.
As a result, US government have agencies applied stringent regulations to federal, state, and local government vendors and suppliers that store and process government data.
FEDRAMP | FISMA | NIST 800-53 | NIST 800-171
Industries We Work With
Our experience across Industrials, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, Energy, Banking, Financial Services, Legal, Real Estate, Government and Technology and other sectors lets us customize cyber-resilience and compliance programs specifically tailored to the characteristics of your industry sector.