Abacode is hiring a Penetration Tester in the Tampa, FL Area!
Come join one of the fastest-growing Cybersecurity & Compliance firms in the U.S.! At Abacode you will find a career, incredible teammates, and a purpose-driven culture which gives back to the communities we serve.
As a Penetration Tester, you will be responsible for performing vulnerability assessments, security gap assessments, internal and external network pen tests, web application pen tests, phishing, and social engineering exercise, and Could security controls assessments. Proficiency is required in creating of deliverables such as risk assessment and pen testing reports in accordance with Abacode’s methodology and deliverable templates. This is a client-facing position that requires interaction with technical and non-technical client resources throughout the engagement lifecycle.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
- Experience performing penetration testing and system exploitation against networks, servers, workstations, web applications, and Cloud systems.
- Experience analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying network risks, and providing mitigation recommendations
- Ability to coordinate efforts between Abacode and IT and executive client personnel
- Knowledge exploiting web applications that are vulnerable to attacks such as SQL injection and cross-site scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with different network topologies, network components, network segmentation, and routing concepts
- Knowledge of the concepts in the OWASP Penetration Testing Methodology and NIST Technical Guide to Information Security Testing and Assessment
- Understanding of common software security issues and remediation techniques (OWASP Top 10, SANS 25, MITRE [email protected], etc.)
- Knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 Security Controls
- Ability to perform cybersecurity testing tasks during and after business hours to match client preferences
- Three (3) years of penetration testing experience
- Strong business writing skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience using vulnerability scanners such as Nessus, Tenable.io, Qualys, and Burp Suite
- Proficiency in major operating systems including Linux and Windows
- A Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical major. Two (2) additional years of experience in penetration testing may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.