Currently the healthcare industry accounts for around four out of every five data breaches and 2020 looks to be another record-breaking year. The cost to the healthcare industry from those breaches is expected to reach $4 billion in 2020.
Statistics to Consider:
- Ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations are predicted to quadruple between 2017 and 2020, and will grow to 5X by 2021.
- The estimated losses in 2019 for the healthcare industry were $25 billion
- 96% of IT professionals say threat actors are outpacing medical enterprises
- 87% of healthcare organizations have not had a cybersecurity drill with an incident response process
- 40% of providers surveyed do not carry out measurable assessments of their cybersecurity status
HIPAA requires that organizations are able to track internal and external access to individual records.
HIPAA / HITECH | HITRUST