Today hospitals are more vulnerable than any other type of organization due to outdated systems, lack of experienced cyber personnel, highly valuable data, and added incentive to pay ransoms in order to regain patient data. These facts are attracting more and more cybercriminals to the healthcare market. Abacode helps healthcare organizations manage these risks with a sound cybersecurity framework that enables the organization to face these realities with confidence.
Currently the healthcare industry accounts for around four out of every five data breaches and 2020 looks to be another record-breaking year. The cost to the healthcare industry from those breaches is expected to reach $4 billion in 2020.
Statistics to Consider:
- Ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations are predicted to quadruple between 2017 and 2020, and will grow to 5X by 2021.
- The estimated losses in 2019 for the healthcare industry were $25 billion
- 96% of IT professionals say threat actors are outpacing medical enterprises
- 87% of healthcare organizations have not had a cybersecurity drill with an incident response process
- 40% of providers surveyed do not carry out measurable assessments of their cybersecurity status
HIPAA requires that organizations are able to track internal and external access to individual records.
HIPPA/HITECH | HITRUST
Industries We Work With
Our experience across Industrials, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, Energy, Banking, Financial Services, Legal, Real Estate, Government and Technology and other sectors lets us customize cyber-resilience and compliance programs specifically tailored to the characteristics of your industry sector.