Do You Have Offices In California?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) represents the most significant change to American data protection laws in many years. The bill was passed as an amendment to a part of the California Civil Code.
The CCPA is a state statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of the state of California. Under CCPA, California residents have the right to know which data companies store of them and with which third parties that data is shared. In addition, the CCPA allows consumers to sue companies if the privacy guidelines are violated, even if there is no breach. Abacode provides consulting services to assist companies on complying with the CCPA requirements.
- RIGHT TO KNOW: Businesses must disclose the what data is being collected/sold, how it’s being collected/sold, and for what reason upon request.
- RIGHT TO DELETE: Businesses must delete any personal information upon request.
- RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE: Businesses must allow residents to opt out of the sale of their data and must not sell the personal information of a consumer under 16 years of age without authorization.
- RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION: Businesses must not discriminate against consumers who choose to exercise any of the above. For example, businesses can’t deny services or charge different rates because a consumer does not want their information being shared.
CCPA Compliance Implementation
Abacode’s program provides organizations a consolidated way to manage all CCPA requirements. Our experienced professionals use state-of-the-art data security software combined with data management solutions to search and index existing systems for all personally identifiable information. This allows for discovery, classification, and protection of sensitive data directly at the source.
The Abacode compliance implementation process is to:
- Assess the current risk and compliance adherence level of the organization.
- Advise the organization of changes that must be completed in order to reach compliance.
- Implement full policies and processes for the organization to be able reach compliance.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization with auditors/assessors as necessary to ensure all processes and documentation are delivered in a timely manner.
- Manage the compliance efforts of the organization to promote continuous compliance on an ongoing basis.
Why Choose Abacode as Your MSSP?
As certified cybersecurity & compliance experts (CISSP, CIA, CISA, CEH, PMP, etc.), GDPR implementation is one of our focuses. Abacode continuously implements GDPR controls for organizations throughout the year and helps them maintain compliance moving forward.
Abacode’s compliance portal helps streamline continuous compliance and security control effectiveness tracking for organizations before, during, and after assessments.
Connect with us today to learn more about the GDPR implementation program and the associated costs.
Does CCPA apply to your organization?
The California Consumer Privacy Act applies to for-profit businesses and other legal entities that collect and determine the use of consumers’ personal information, and that also meet at least one of the following:
Has annual gross revenues over $25,000,000
Transacts the personal information of 50,000+ consumers, households, or devices
Derives at least 50% of annual revenues from selling consumers’ personal information